Come and book an appointment where we can check your current breathing behaviours and CO2 and Oxygen levels using both our CapnoTrainer machine and the Buteyko Breathing Methodology – the CapnoTrainer measures the number of breaths you are taking each minute and the levels of carbon dioxide in your system, while Buteyko looks at how long you can hold your breath without struggling.
The first appointment takes around one hour and a half.
Once we have your breathing data and a case history, we can then work together to develop a programme to reprogramme your internal breathing reflex mechanisms.
We welcome children as well as adults – in fact, children often find it easier to reprogramme their breathing as they have fewer bad habits and those which they do have are less entrenched.
WHAT TO EXPECT
• Your health history will be captured via the standard breathing assessment Nijmegen Questionnaire and our discussions.
• Your breath Control Pause will be completed
• Your breathing rate and CO2 levels will be monitored and captured
• Observation of your breathing
• An assessment of whether the over-breathing exists and to what extent it is situational or chronic
• Map out a personalised breathing retraining programme and indicators of whether other supplementary health work (e.g. Diet, Osteopathy, Physio, Hypnotherapy) is worth exploring as supplementary or indeed as the starting point.